Installing Drupal 7 on 1and1 Servers
You will need a 1and1 hosted package that supports PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.xx to run Drupal 7
- Download Drupal 7.xx
- Uncompress Drupal
- Create your site's config folder in the sites/ directory. Just copy the default/ directory and call it mysite.com/, then rename default.settings.php to settings.php inside mysite.com/. This should be the path of your resulting config file:
- To use PHP5 to parse .php files add this line to the top of your .htaccess file:
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
- To add Clean URL support uncomment this line in your .htaccess file:
# RewriteBase /
- FTP the installation files to your 1and1 server in binary mode, use permissions 0755
- Go to your 1and1 control panel and under Domains point your domain to your Drupal installation. In the domain list the Destination column should read: Web space (/drupal) or whatever you named your Drupal installation.
- Go to your 1and1 control panel and under MySQL Administration create a new database for your new site, leave this window open
- Browse to your site URL -- the Drupal installation should guide you through the rest of the process. If you get a 404, you probably did not point it to the correct directory. If you get an error, you probably did not update the .htaccess file.