Migrate Drupal Installation from Desktop to Server
Well it is very easy to migrate drupal site which you have in your computer using WAMP. Just need to follow the following steps.
- You will have to upload all the files of drupal from your computer to your webspace using ftp client i.e filezilla or cuteftp etc...
- Then login to cPanel >> go to Mysql databases >> create new database and database user and add database user in to database.
- Create database backup of your local computer in .sql format.
- Then go to phpmyadmin in cpanel and import .sql file in to the database that you have just created.
- Here is the main important part now. You will have to edit following line in to settings.php file as specified below.
$db_url = 'mysql://username:password@localhost/databasename';