Whole Baked Chicken with Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 chicken
- Lemon pepper seasoning (or another seasoning of your choosing)
- Pre-heated oven at 400 F (205 C)
- Wash the chicken inside and out. Remove all the internal organs.
- Season chicken inside and out. Be sure to also season between the skin and the meat, especially the breast and thigh areas.
- Place the chicken on the roasting pan or other container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one (1) hour. This will dry out the skin, thus allowing to cook without oil.
- Preheat oven to 40 F
- Once you remove the chicken, place it in the oven.
- Cook the chicken until it reads 165 on a meat thermometer. If you don't have a meat thermometer, then cook for about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the weight.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into pieces and serve.
Below is the cooked chicken with the leg cut apart.