Home » Cookbook » Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 pound sweet potato
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (or white sugar)
- 1/2 cup milk (or evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- Pre-heated oven at 350 F (175 C)
- Boil sweet potato in skin until soft all the way though.
- Run cold water over the potato and remove the skin.
- Break apart the potatoes.
- Mix together the potato, butter, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Then mix in the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Mix until smooth
- Pour filling into graham cracker crust, filling the crust about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Pie will swell as it cooks. It will return to normal once cooled.
Back To Top